Last night, after a long three days of writing over 10,000 words, I finished the first draft of the Gabby Wells novella called The Homecoming Incident.
I’ll let it sit a couple of days so my brain can recover. There are a lot of things I need to add to the beginning in order to tie things at the end and make sure there is consistency in the story, but I’m quite happy with the results.
My goals was for the novella to come in around 25,000 words. This draft came in at over 29,000. It’ll probably be over 30,000 after the re-writes.
This is the first of five novellas that I hope to write and release prior to the release of the first novel. I’ll have more on the reasons behind that in an upcoming podcast.
So, I’m going to sit back and give my fingers a rest.
PS – Because of all of the time required to finish this draft, I did not have time to write a Typecasting Tuesday. I’ll have another one next week.